Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Is It Spring Yet?

Tomorrow is the first day of spring and all I want from life right now is for it to be consistently warm enough for me to ditch sweaters and boots and fully embrace sandals and skirts sans tights. I also really really really want to hike Stone Mountain this weekend, so yo, Mother Nature, make Saturday a pretty one, ok?
We painted at church tonight, and you would think that by senior year I would have learned how to keep paint off my hands. Nope. Still stuck in kindergarten.
I went back to middle school today to help tutor some 8th graders as part of an NEHS project, and the hallways brought back so many memories. My heart flooded with nostalgia as I walked through the halls. Middle school was good to me. It was before I tried to be like everyone else, when I was just me.
When I was picking out outfits for our trip to Utah last week, my subconscious decided I would want to look like Where's Waldo on our red eye flight back to Georgia on Monday morning. I have this thing where I can't help but feel like Where's Waldo when I wear red stripes. Which is sad because I really love red and I really love stripes. 

Here are a couple of things I'm loving on the internet lately:
-I just committed to Skunkboy Blog, a blog by Katie Shelton. It's fun, you should check it out!
-I've also become a regular at A Beautiful Mess blog, and this post about blogging was fun for me. Most things about blogging are.:-)
-I'm also a fan of all things writing, so when my Lit teacher tweeted this buzzfeed article, I just about died. That first quote, by Hemingway? Basically how I feel when I write. I bleed onto the page. Which sounds dark and painful but it's actually quite liberating.

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment