Friday, May 30, 2014

An Acid Yellow Rain Slicker

It is summer for sure. It's hot enough that sitting outside will make you drip in sweat, the idea of jeans makes me shudder, and my skin is starting to permanently smell like sunscreen. If I'm leaving the house, sunglasses are attached to my face, and I think it's about time I turn on the fan in my room. The watch tan has decided to make a reappearance, and the first swim meet of the season was last night. Also, today we got a thunderstorm- eep! I used to be terrified of storms, because, ya know, thunder and lightening lead to tornados and those can kill you. But now I love the rain. I bought myself a raincoat, my first raincoat in years! I should not be this excited about a raincoat, but it's yellow. It's been a dream of mine to own a yellow rain slicker. I've got my raincoat, now bring on the rain. Yay summer!
People keep asking me if I feel like a graduate. If I feel like I have to go back to high school. If the fact that I'm going to England has hit me yet. I don't know. I just don't know. I don't feel any different. I know all of these things, but I don't feel anything with them. No dread, no sadness, no all encompassing excitement- I just feel normal. I'm looking forward to the future and I'm sad to leave the past behind, but other than that, nothing. Nada. Is there something I'm missing? Some emotion I forgot to install in my heart's hard drive?

Also, I am bound and determined to get myself a big girl camera, so if there are any of you fancy photographers out there who know the best lenses for a basic beginner like myself, I'd love suggestions!

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment