Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Bliss

This week of not having to go to school has been absolutely the most relaxing week of my life. I sleep in until all of the other kids are off at school, then depending on the day, I either grab my laptop and my guitar and hop back in bed to teach myself some Ben Rector songs before deciding that friends are a good idea, or I head all the way out to REI with Megan for the sake of a raincoat and end up making a total fool of myself at the cash register. I've also had King of Pops approximately five times in the last week, gone out to lunch every day, and thought about going to the bagel shop for breakfast every night and then slept an extra hour the next morning instead. I've hiked Stone Mountain to see the sunset and walked around downtown Decatur, and I think those two places will be some of my most visited this summer. I've given up on finding cute thank you cards and finally just made some of my own, watched a lot of movies, and started to read books for fun again. Tomorrow is graduation and then summer and although that'll be fun, I know this dreamy fairytale of a week will end and real life will begin again. Sigh.

Now quick! Somebody talk me out of bangs before I go to the hairdresser tomorrow!

Sincerely, mad

1 comment:

  1. I love this pic of you- Your eyes are smiling. Happy Summer, Happy Graduation, Happy everything. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete