Thursday, August 14, 2014

Photography

Photography has been an interest of mine for several months now, but it wasn't until this past month that I really felt like I could call myself a photographer. I've come to consider photography one of my passions, right up there with writing and reading, so I guess that's a pretty big deal. And I had my first ever photoshoot Monday. (for my cousins. they wanted family pictures. keep in mind that they are a family of photographers and basically set themselves up and brought a camera of their own. all i did was stand there and click the shutter. it was still kind of intimidating.)

I've learned that I'm anti photoshop. I'll use it for collages and the occasional brightening up, and there are a ton of things it's useful for and that I intend to play around with, but I've discovered that whenever I go to edit a picture, I usually end up just sticking with the original. I like to get it right the first time. Nothing is quite so satisfying as setting up your camera, snapping, and discovering later that you got it just right.

I'm the type of photographer that likes the candid and the everyday. The kind that shies away from the posed and organized. That likes finding simple, everyday moments and zooming in and highlighting them. The type of person who believes that beautiful moments are everywhere and who has vowed to keep her camera close at all times (i'm still working on that one). The type of girl who tries her very hardest to see everything with new, fresh eyes, even if the sight is completely and utterly familiar to her.

Sincerely, mad

Last photo by Rachel Corbally

No comments:

Post a Comment