Friday, August 9, 2013

Sleep, Summer Afternoons, and the Floor, Among Other Things

So this post is just kind of a bunch of random things that made me happy today. First of all, I would like to point out the fact that I went to bed at 8:30 last night. That NEVER happens, and let me tell you, it was wonderful. School started on Wednesday, so I figured I might as well get sleep when I can.
This afternoon I was on one of my common Taco Bell runs. It's been really rainy this summer, but today the sun was shining, it was hot, and the sky was blue. I rolled down my window and the sunroof, put on my favorite sunglasses, and played High School Musical songs because I felt like it. It was hot and I had the ac vents aimed at me (even though I couldn't really feel them) but I was determined to keep my windows down. I just love the smell of clean air and even though HSM isn't the most popular of song choices, I sang all the way to Taco Bell.
Then Megan came over. This girl is amazing. I sure do love her smiley self. We took a walk, goofed off, and talked for hours. At one point we laid on the floor in an empty room (my parents have been rearranging things, so one room is empty except for a rug) and just talked. She is wonderful.
This weekend is busy what with Tadd's birthday, but here are a few pics to end this random post!
^^^First day of school pic! Tadd and I are the family bookends- the senior and the kindergartener.^^^
^^^This is right down the street and I love it. It is my favorite part of our street, especially when it's all green and flowery. It's like driving through a dream.^^^
^^^Flowers! They've been in my front yard forever but for some reason they looked especially beautiful today.
^^^The darling Megan and I. Words cannot express how much I love this girl.^^^

Have a fabulous weekend!

Sincerely, mad