Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Soul Food

You know when you eat something, or smell it, and it is instantly one of your favorite foods? Or when you would eat the same thing all day every day?
I've decided food like that is soul food.
It's the food that you eat when you're happy, sad, excited, tired, bored, or just plain hungry.
So without further ado, here are some of my soul foods:
1. Country French Bread from Great Harvest. I just had it for the first time on Saturday, and let me tell you, it was love at first bite. We were at Great Harvest and the owner handed my parents and me a piece still warm from the oven and it practically melted in my mouth. We took a fresh loaf home and it smelled heavenly. I wish I could convey smells through the internet because it was just SO GOOD.
2. Mint and chocolate. Those two are the perfect combination. I am obsessed with Andes mints, mint chocolate chip cookies, and mint chocolate chip ice cream. We have mint Klondike bars at our house right now, and let me tell you, they are pretty amazing!
3. Root beer. Might as well add drinks to the list! Chick-fil-a and Willy's root beer is particularly great. Or maybe it's just Barq's in general.
4. Hershey's kisses and Reese's cups. Chocolate. Chocolate with peanut butter. What more needs to be said?
5. Rice Krispies. I know, kind of not along the same lines as the rest. But I would eat it every day for breakfast if our pantry could hold a lifetime supply of it. And Rice Krispies in treat form are pretty delicious too.

Well, I'll end with just a couple not so professional pictures of food. Don't judge- I'm a fledgling photographer.:-)




Sincerely, mad