Monday, September 9, 2013

Dear New York City

Dear New York City,
I know we have only met a handful of times, but I just know we would be the best of friends.
I dream about living in a tiny apartment and of squeezing into a crowded subway. I imagine myself bundling up to brave the winter and dressing up to watch a show on Broadway. I feel like you could be my soul city, a place where I belong and that my heart loves. But unfortunately I have things like high school to finish and college to start. Oh yeah, and then there's the fact that I'm not quite ready to move out on my own.
Right now as I watch fashion week and the US Open, I can hardly stand it I want to be there so bad.
We would get along nicely, you and I. Just stay put for a few years while I get this thing called an education and then I'll come. And we can get properly acquainted and then proceed to carry out a marvelous friendship.
Sincerly, mad