Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Weekend

This weekend was wonderful and extra long. I had a gum procedure on Thursday (no big deal. promise.), so I missed school on Friday, giving me a four day weekend! I tell ya, the day passes by so much faster at home than at school. Sheesh!
Anyways, Friday night two friends and I went to the local farmers' market. It was the last one before it shut down for the winter, and I'm kinda bummed I didn't go sooner! We went at the very end too, so we didn't get the whole experience. We got enough, however, to know that we're definitely going back next year! We went to the market specifically for King of Pops. They are homemade popsicles, and if you haven't ever had them, you should find them asap. I would recommend the chocolate sea salt. It tasted exactly like a fudgesicle (spellcheck? where are you when I need you?). Yum. They also had Coke in glass bottles. I am obsessed with them. When I have my own house one day, there is definitely going to be a shelf with glass soda bottles on it. I don't know why, but I love them.
Saturday was pretty whatever, and then on Sunday we had two cute little families over for dinner after church! One of the families has the cutest little twins you've ever seen. At one point they jumped on the stairs and started flexing, so of course my sister and I joined them.
Labor Day was great. We went to the LDS (Mormon) temple near our home, then had Olive Garden for lunch. I love Italian, and Olive Garden has been a favorite of mine for years. They we came home, took fabulous naps, and then the fam took a run together! We ended the day with our favorite Mexican place. All in all a great weekend!


^^^Megan and I with our King of Pops! My cousin was the photographer.^^^


^^^Trying to be serious as we showed off our muscles.^^^



^^^Family run!(minus the two youngest-they were playing with friends)^^^

Hope your weekend was fabulous as well!
Sincerely, mad