Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Well, it only took until December 24th, but it finally feels like Christmas. About time, huh? I think Christmas Eve is one of my favorite days of the year. We always go to my Grandma's house with all of the cousins, and we have a feast prepared solely by my grandma (she refuses to let Mom or anyone else help) and we put on our own little Christmas nativity. This year Dad was the narrator and Genevieve was Mary. The boys are all good sports and got dressed up as shepherds, wise men, and even the angel Gabriel. We sing Christmas carols and each child accompanies the group on the piano.
Meredith, Ben, and I played "Little Jesus" on piano, violin, and cello. Apparently we look very serious while playing.
The three wise men looking for the star. Those boys have so much fun.
Only about the cutest shepherd you've ever seen! Tadd is not a fan of the camera, but Meredith snagged a couple shots of him because man that kid is cute!
We were lucky enough to have my dad's parents visiting from Utah this year. I love my grandparents!

Every year we open a new pair of pjs on Christmas Eve, and then we take a pic on the stairs. The adults tried to sneak away before the pic, but you better believe all of these kids were not about to let tradition die!
 What would Christmas morning be without bleary, sleepy-eyed pictures?
Georgia finally realized what month it is and brought cold weather and blue skies for Christmas. It's no snow, but I think it's the next best thing. Do you see this? I even wore a coat. And I only do that as a last resort.
Merry Christmas!

Sincerely, mad


No comments:

Post a Comment