Monday, December 30, 2013

Early Morning Musings


^^^Some random pics because I'm trying to turn myself into a photographer. New Year's resolutions and all.^^^

There is something special about being up and moving around before the rest of the world is awake. There is this perfect peacefulness about being the early bird. The other morning I went to crossfit at 7 all by myself. When I got home, everyone was still asleep. All the lights were still off, and the first beginnings of sunlight were seeping through the windows. I shuffled around quietly and grabbed my book, some hot chocolate and cinnamon toast, and snuck down to the basement, where I read by the light of the Christmas tree. It was absolutely magical.

There is something equally as special, but different, about being the last one awake. I seem to get my best ideas and my greatest desire to write late at night, when the house is dark and the only sound is that of my family's slow breathing. I sit in my room with the lamp shedding a warm glow on the room, and I sit and write or read.

Aren't quiet, early/late hours spent alone refreshing?

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment