Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bangs

I'm not one to wish away the current season. I'm usually quite content to enjoy the season I'm in while still looking forward to the next. The last few days, however, dreams of summer have hit me hard. I'm wishing away coats and hot chocolate and the wind while I dream of summer. My heart yearns for breezy skirts, sandals, and adventures. And bangs. 

Last summer I made the plunge into bangs and I was not a fan. Too many bad hair days and not enough good ones. It was probably just the humidity and lack of incentive to put lots of effort into my hair, but I couldn't wait for my hair to grow back out.

For the last six months I have been patiently waiting as my bangs gain length slower than a snail's pace. But now, my heart is whispering, bangs. bangs. bangs. 

The rational part of me is shaking its head quite emphatically. It's saying things like, "don't you remember how much work it was?" and "you didn't like them, remember?" But the irrational part of me keeps chanting "chop chop chop!"

My head is trying to be reasonable. It's telling me to think about this. "Do you really want to let all your growing out go to waste on a whim?" it asks wisely. 

"Yes," my irrational heart replies.
^^^One of my favorite snaps from the summer. The reason it's important is because I remember that was a good bang day. Sorry not sorry for the terrible quality.^^^

The problem is I don't really want to wait and decide. I don't really want to think about it, I just want to do it, ya know? Irrationality and impatience at their finest my friends.

See ya soon, maybe with bangs? Who knows.

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment