Sunday, March 9, 2014

Snaps From the Weekend

1&2- I babysat on Friday and taught the kids what a selfie was. Then we practiced with a self timer. As you can see, I'm a very educational babysitter.

3- I was feeling all sorts of creative on Saturday night, so I chopped up the frumpiest grandma skirt you've ever seen and refashioned it into a slightly less frumpy midi skirt that I love regardless of it's frumpiness.
***Side note: I went to goodwill! On my own I might add. Apparently everyone I know who is blessed with the goodwill hunting gene is busy when I'm free. Sigh. I guess I'll teach myself. I scored the skirt that I chopped up, so I guess I'm off to a good start?

4- I finished another journal! Number 7 to be exact. The first two are spread out sporadically over the 7 years where I was 8 until about 15 1/2, but the last 5 have been the daily chronicles of the past 2 1/2 years. I treasure my journals and all of the experiences recorded there. And now on to number 8.
***Side note: Along the lines of journaling, I really want to get into art journaling, but the idea totally terrifies me. I know that sounds silly, but what if I can't make it everything I imagine it to be? I want something with pictures and paint and doodles and words and something that looks creative and wild and free. But I'm not sure if my mind and hands can do that and I'm not sure if I want to find out. Plus, I feel like art journaling takes time that I don't have, so this will turn into a failed project because I don't put forth the time required to make it everything I imagine. And I know journaling isn't a major problem to be considered when I have things like Calc tests to study for and Lit essays to write but it's just my crazy half right brained teenage thoughts, ya know? Anybody else out there wanting to become a more artistic person? (Also, this book. I'm curious. I think right vs. left brain is going to be my new obsession, as soon as I get through Quiet. I think I've about exhausted my introvert/extrovert interest and am ready to move onto a different area of personality study.)

5- This weekend was gorgeous. We're talking sunshine and blue skies here. I wore a skirt and sandals WITHOUT TIGHTS. I know right? Spring, I think I'm in love with you. A breezy skirt swishing past my bare legs feels like heaven.

6&7- Sundays, in which we turn Grandma's back yard into a soccer field and Mallory tries to convince everyone to go on a walk with her. I corralled a couple of hooligan cousins and siblings into going with me.

8- My little sister could be a model.

9- I'm telling you, this weather is a dream. And that lighting? I'm dying over how beautiful Sunday was.

10- Racing.

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment