Friday, April 11, 2014

A Day in DC

For the second half of Spring Break, the Duffield's took DC! I love DC almost as much as I love New York. There is just so much history there... I can't help but think about the Founding Father's and the thought of their bravery just gives me chills.
Let's start with one of the major highlights. Shake Shack. I am not a burger girl at all. I'm just not a fan. But then I met Shake Shack. I was skeptical at first, but I am thoroughly in love. I kid you not it is one of the major factors causing my I-have-to-go-back-to-Georgia depression. Like it's rivaling my Taco Bell obsession. Yeah. That's how serious this is.
The National Archives. I've been there once before but the excitement was the same the second time around. Let me preface this by saying that I have a major literary crush on the Declaration of Independence. That document is pure genius. (if you're a nerd... this is my favorite.) Thomas Jefferson is my historical boyfriend. So is Abraham Lincoln. They probably make the top 15 people I want to talk to after I die. Anyways, the Rotunda, the place that holds the Constitution and the Declaration, is amazing. The whole room buzzes with historical energy. I get giddy just standing there next to those words full of so much power. I love them.
^^^That statue is Jefferson, in case you're wondering. One of my historical boyfriends, remember?^^^^
^^^This kid kills me. What a photo ham:-)^^^
The cherry blossoms have begun to bloom and they're gorgeous. Walking through them was like walking through a fairytale.
Phew, you made it! Another day in the city coming at ya soon.

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment