Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Currently Coveting

Along the lines of this whole hipster/artsy vibe I've got going on, let's talk about photography. I think it's pretty safe to say I'm obsessed. Instagram is like my favorite ever. Can we just take a moment to appreciate the beauty that is modern technology and social media? Even though they can become quite obnoxious and unnecessary evils at times, think of how wonderful they are. Think of all the crazy creative and talented people that are able to share their talents and art with a few clicks of a button. I think society is really stepping up their art appreciation. And it's getting to me too because I have this intense desire to be a creative soul myself. I blame blogs and pinterest. I'm channelling all of my right brain tendencies and trying to be as wild and free and artistic as I can be. (but if we're being honest here, most of it's in my head. i think i'm acting the exact same, my thoughts are just changing. it's a start... right?) I've taken more quizzes than you'd care to know trying to figure out which side of my brain is dominant (hint: i've been rooting for right brain) and my results always come to the conclusion that I'm split almost exactly down the middle. I'm pretty sure I'm the same way when it comes to extroversion and introversion. What's up with that? I guess my subconscious has realized my need to try to be everything at different times and so it hasn't restrained me to one definitive side or the other. I guess that's exciting, right? What are you? Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Are you right brained or left brained? Do you even care? I find this all intensely fascinating, but maybe it's just me...

Aaannnyyywwwaaayyysss, back to photography. I am currently coveting all things photo. A real fancy shmancy camera? A photo printer? A polaroid? Yep, uh huh, and you got it. Any money I acquire goes straight to my dream photography supply fund. (or, if we're being completely honest here, skirts. and dresses. do you know how hard it is to find skirts and dresses that come to your knee? i'm barely five four for crying out loud!) Anyways, I need some sort of photographer friend who will go on photo adventures with me and teach me how to work a big girl camera. Any takers?

Well, until I get a fancy camera and go to England to take a photo class that teaches me how to use it, I guess I'll just sit here and obsess over my favorite insta photographers. My personal favorite is this one, but this one is pretty sweet too.:-)

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment