Thursday, February 12, 2015

life in 52 weeks // week 1: good morning, good night

It should come as no surprise, especially after my photo a day challenge last year, that I signed up for another year long photography challenge. A Beautiful Mess offers lots of online classes, and I've looked at them before, but I've never signed up because there was a lot of commitment or I didn't have my camera yet or I didn't want to spend that much money on something I couldn't guarantee I could commit to. But then... in comes the Capture Real Life in 52 Weeks class! A move at your own pace, non-technical, not to expensive class that will help me fall back in love with snapping excessive amounts of photos of rather mundane and ordinary things. If that doesn't have my name written all over it then I don't know what does.

So, here we are, me committing to another year of photographing my life. But this time, it's not necessarily every day. It's every week. And there is a specific challenge with examples and tips and tricks that I can see and read and try out! Hooray! Which I guess is me also committing to blogging at least once a week. Can she do it? We'll see. Week one's challenge was "Good Morning, Good Night." Here's a snippet of my morning and nightly rituals. Well, I guess just my bedtime routine if we're being real because I'm always running late in the morning. Basically excessive amounts of lotion and lots and lots of Friends before bed.

Sincerely, mad

1 comment:

  1. I can't fall asleep without watching an episode... or five. Haha!

    So stoked to see what this new photo challenge has in store for you. Love love love this first post!!

    ReplyDelete