Thursday, October 31, 2013

mad Ramblings

Last night we had our church Halloween party, and some friends and I dressed up as the Toy Story gang! We had Ham, Woody, Mrs. Potato Head, Jessie, Little Bo Peep, and Slinky Dog. Needless to say we won the costume contest. No big deal.
So I've decided I like pigtails. Like I REALLY like them. Homecoming week and Halloween costumes have given me this desire to wear them. To bring out my inner five-year-old and be unashamed. What say ye? Yea or nay to pigtails? I don't think I have the courage to bring them back, but man I wish they were socially acceptable for a senior in high school to wear. Because I rather like them.

Also, I have convinced myself that hot chocolate is good for the soul (just tried Land O' Lakes Hazelnut hot chocolate... is it even legal for stuff to be that scrumptious?). I'm pretty sure it's all in my head, but I drink it whenever I feel like I need a pick me up. Like when I've had a rough day at school. Or homework is looming like an unconquerable mountain troll. Or I am just so tired but I can't go to sleep because I have way to much I'm supposed to accomplish. My mind now believes that hot chocolate is a morale booster of some sort and that if I drink it, not only will it taste good, but it will make all undesirable things disappear and leave me in a comfy chair with a book.

Speaking of books, aren't they great? It's like a portable escape from reality. I went through this phase (aka most of my high school career) where I thought I didn't have time to read and even if I did, I couldn't find a good enough book to keep me interested. Stupid I know. Now that I've convinced myself that I do have time to read (false) and that books are interesting (true), it's fabulous. It's like hot chocolate- it just postpones unpleasant things, but it sure feels like it makes things more bearable.

How do you like that for a random, stream of consciousness blog post with absolutely no point what so ever? And to close, a random pre-party photo! Happy Halloween!
Sincerely, mad