Monday, November 25, 2013

A Love Letter to My Cousins

Matthew, Simon, and Andrew,

My dearest cousins. My boys. I love you so much. And although I know this will embarrass you to no end and you will threaten me with my life if you ever read this, I'm going to write y'all a love letter of sorts. We're not in love or anything, but I couldn't really call this a cousin letter, now could I?
On Saturday we went to see Catching Fire together. We all rode in my car and sat on the back row of the theater. You boys commented on all the previews and drooled over your favorite actresses. You plugged your phones into the speakers of my car and sang at the top of your lungs all the way home. You guys were harmonizing and snapping and dancing your hearts out.
When I tried to get y'all to take a picture with me outside the theater, you played nose goes to determine the victim (we never did get that picture). You caught me up on all the swim team gossip on the way to the movie. You guys have so many inside jokes, and you could laugh about them for days. 
I love how you play with the younger kids and treat them like big kids. They adore you. I love your rivalries and competitions. So many of my friends come up to me with so many nice things to say about you guys. Everyone at school and church seems to think you're all pretty cool. But they don't know the half of it. 
I know we don't always get along and that we don't always act like we like each other. But the fact that we are family keeps us together. Sometimes I watch you guys and my heart just melts. Gosh I love you boys.

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment