Friday, November 22, 2013

Oh Look It's Friday

A few random musings for you as we enter the weekend and Thanksgiving Break:

I think it's pretty safe to say I will drink my weight in hot chocolate by the end of winter. And quite frankly I don't have a problem with it.

It's so easy to get bogged down in all the negativity and pessimism that permeates the halls of high school, but it is important to remember that teenagers, when they have a cause or an idea, can be happy and kind. For example, yesterday morning as I walked through the school parking lot, I passed a truck that was swarming with people. I went over to check out what the commotion was all about, and I learned that two senior boys had decided to give out free hot chocolate and coffee. They got up extra early, parked right by the stairs, had signs advertising the free drinks, and handed out refreshments to anyone who passed by. It totally made my day. When I told that to one of the boys who instigated the event in Oceanography later that day, he smiled and said, "that was the point." It truly is the little things that make life so good. 

My mom is the cutest. The creative bug must have bitten her too because look at this turkey she made Wednesday night.
How cute is that? Fake flowers, felt, and googly eyes make for one perfect mini turkey. Wait until you see the big fuzzy one she made. I'm going to make one and name him Theodore and somehow convince my mother that he needs to stay in my room and move with me to college. Wish me good luck.

Also, yesterday was Ben's 13th birthday! You're a teenager Benny boy!
I promise you he loves me.

Sincerely, mad



No comments:

Post a Comment