Friday, November 15, 2013

Wet Fall

There is something about fall that is just so beautiful. The crisp air, crunchy leaves, vibrant colors, smoky smells. It's magical I tell you. Just magical.

Today was a wet fall day, and while I'm usually a sunshine and blue skies kind of gal, I couldn't help but fall in love with today. The bright colors are slowly draining out of the leaves, leaving them all a shade of orangey brown or dark purple. I've learned about leaves changing colors for years and I know the science behind it, but it is still mind boggling to me. This fall my appreciation and amazement at nature is just growing and growing. The rain that fell at some point (I never actually saw it) plastered the fallen leaves to the damp pavement. The air was chilly enough to give me the perfect excuse for a peppermint hot chocolate Starbucks run. And in the car ride home, Meredith had to suffer through my sighs of "Oh, look at that tree!" or "those leaves! killin me!" She just laughed when I pulled over a few times in the neighborhood to snap a few pics. It's official, fall is my favorite season.

^^^I know they are not the best pics and can't really show any of the beauty I described, but pretend with me. Maybe look up pics on Google. That might help.^^^

There is just this special feeling that comes with gray skies and bright leaves and chilly air. I can't describe it, but I'm obsessed with it. Ah, autumn is perfect. I could live in autumn forever.

"Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile." Couldn't have said it better myself William Cullen Bryant.

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment