Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Is Here!

Well, Christmas is in full swing over here! We decorated the house on Thursday, got our tree Friday, decorated it Saturday, and did Christmas cookies on Sunday! We're good.
We have lots of traditions over here. We have several advent calendars (one with starbursts in it), an elf on the shelf named JJ that travels all around the house when we aren't looking, and an elf, Jingles, that writes us notes all December long. That's something that's been going on for years. It started with Jingles Bell leaving a paper chain with activities to do each day when I was five. Being the writer I am, I wrote him a letter and expected a reply. Our family has been corresponding with him and his sister Tinsel ever since.
Another thing over here is Christmas cookies. Mom makes oatmeal sugar cookies and dyes vanilla frosting, we pull out every box of sprinkles we own, and the decorating commences.
 ^^^My one cookie. I'm not a frosting person, but I do like pretty things, so you know.^^^
 ^^^Don't really know what was going on here, but there was some cookie-face smashing.^^^
 ^^^There it is!^^^
I kind of love Christmas time.

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment