Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tuesday

Mother Nature must be confused because today is gorgeous. The sun is shining, there is a pleasant little breeze blowing softly, and it looks like September without all the leaves. I complain when it's cold and I complain when it's not, I know. But honestly, its almost Christmas. Where's the snow? C'mon Georgia. Seriously. The heat should be on in my car, not the AC. But I digress.

I don't have any big important news today (because I know that's why people read this. always something exciting, right? yeah I don't believe it either), but I do have some pictures! Pretty ones too! I know, who is this?

The past few days have just been really good. No reason really, just happy. I love days like that, don't you? I live for days like these.
Let me just start out by saying that my little brother is getting so big. He walked in the other day after a church meeting and it just hit me how grown up he is getting. Benny boy's a teenager! I made him stop and take a pic because honestly, my little brother is cute. And then I went and used the vsco cam app (I know, getting fancy), and played with the pics to see what would happen. And the whole time I just sat there thinking, "gosh I love Ben."
So my parents were on a river cruise up the Danube the past week, and one of the goodies they brought home were these jumbo gummy bears. They were huge! C'mon America, we need more jumbo candy.
We did a Secret Santa in National English Honor Society (also known as the ambiguous holiday icon exchange… that's what you get when you put a bunch of word nerds together). I lucked out with a gorgeous Sherlock Holmes book! My sweet friend Olivia got my name and knew how much I love England and reading and the BBC show Sherlock (January 19th anyone?) and found this gorgeous volume with all of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories. It has a cameo on the cover and speckled pages and a cardboard case and everything. This book is the real deal. I am so excited.

Well, that's all for now! Have a great day and drink some hot chocolate.

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment