Sunday, December 15, 2013

Ringing in the New Blog

Hey! Things look different over here. Whatcha think? Pretty snazzy, huh? I think so. There isn't really much of a rhyme or reason to this change. I was just blog surfing and kept stumbling upon blogs that looked perfect. Clear, pretty pictures, a calm, non-cluttered template, in a word, simplistic. And I LOVED it. So I hopped on over to my own blog and changed it up.

I know it's still before Christmas and New Year's is a few weeks away, but I'm already getting excited about making some resolutions. And gosh darn it I'm going to stick to them. I won't spoil the surprise by telling you my goals now, but I will say that some super cool blog stuff is a big deal on my resolutions list! And since I kind of didn't want to wait to change things, I fooled around with the way the site looked a little early.

I changed a couple of things. I changed the template to get a more simplistic feel, I changed the sizing of pictures and text and columns because bigger is better (except for text. all of the blogs I adore have smaller text. sorry to ruin your eyesight). I changed the colors because deep red and gold seemed more grown up then lemonade pink and sunflower gold (and I am all about being more grown up. in some things, not everything. red and gold just seem more me. maybe it's Christmas getting to me?). And I'm going to be better about taking real pictures with a real camera because they look prettier and being a photographer is one of my resolutions.

Well, hope you like it! And if you don't, just wait a bit. I'll probably change it someday because let's face it, I don't like permanency.

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment