Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Things That Are Good For the Soul

Ice cream and Taylor Swift are good for the soul. Today was one of those days where I came home from school fuming about something someone said that was really of no consequence and five years from now I won't even remember. But it bothered me nonetheless (life's not perfect? what? but really, this blog needs to show real life, not just the fairy tale stuff). I came home in a vindictive fury and almost unable to function. My angel of a friend Megan gave me sound advice- go get ice cream. So I did. I went to Bruster's and got mint chocolate chip in a cake cone (the chocolate chips were HUGE. I have never seen such big chocolate chips in my life. It was fabulous.). I then proceeded to blast Taylor Swift lyrics all night long and I sang at the top of my lungs and danced around the dining room when I had the house to myself.
Several hours later I was functioning like a calm and collected person and felt on top of the world. You know how a passionate rage can often lead to numbness and emptiness when it subsides? This anger left me in an empowering mood. My confidence was sky high as I danced around the house. My smile was a mile wide as I sang my heart out.
^^^Yeah, a smile like that! Except even bigger!^^^
So an afternoon that started off horribly ended up being a wonderful night. My conclusion is that ice cream and Taylor Swift are good for the soul. They will solve all your problems. Try it sometime. It works, promise.

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment