Wednesday, January 29, 2014

SNOW

I'm currently listening to all of the songs from Frozen and wearing fuzzy socks, because that is what one does on the one day it snows in Georgia.

It's snowing. And sticking. And fluffy. In Georgia. I spent the first eight years of my life in snowy Pittsburgh winters, but I've spent the last ten in Georgia wishing each Christmas for snow. We got real snow in 2011 (I think that's the right year). We still refer to it as the snowpocalypse. We've had a couple of itty bitty baby flurries over the past few weeks, but today it really started snowing. The first sighting was during fifth period. I have guided study then, and since I am in NEHS, I spend my time in a computer lab helping kids with their writing (but hardly anybody ever comes, so basically it's just a bunch of word nerds and computers. aka one of my favorite parts of the day). Anyways, today it was just me and two of the boys, and at one point Michael went to the window to see if it was snowing. It was, and let me tell you, I've never seen those two boys so excited in my life. Michael bolted for the door, and Nick skipped out, pausing in the doorway to turn back and sing, "do you want to build a snowman?" Then they went outside and made faces in the window and got snow in their eyes. It was great.
Seventh period is when the snow really started coming down. Big fluffy flakes fell from the sky and it was basically just magical. Everyone was taking selfies and jumping around in excitement. The broadcasting class ran into directed studies and told us to meet them in the stadium parking lot for a snowball fight. They were going to film the snow for the news show. We ran across the school and chaos ensued. My hands quickly turned purple as I tried to hit people (especially Megan and Palmer, who got it down my back and shirt) with snowballs. Just so you know, hand dryers are about the best invention in the world.

We all went home as soon as school ended (I've never had to wipe snow off my car… check that one off the bucket list). Megan did some homework and then walked the mile or so to my house. By this time, the ground was completely blanketed in about an inch of powdery snow. So basically, Georgia had shut down.
This little cutie would have gone out in shorts and a tshirt if he had a choice. Somehow we convinced him that Genevieve's black tights were long johns. I have no idea how we pulled it off, but he wore them!
 What would a snow day be without a fall?
Meredith's tennis friends were hanging out at someone's house, so we heard them through the backyards. This was when we were trying to figure out whether or not we still had school (we didn't), so there was lots of yelling, "Jordan!" "Is that Meredith?!" going on.
Hey look! It's the backyard and it's snowing! So I took this picture (not video) but then when I uploaded it to Google+ it had moving snow. I think they called it a gif? I don't know, I don't quite get technology. Anyways, it's cool, right?
Megan walked over and was the absolute sweetest because she snapped this picture because she remembered it's my favorite part of the street! She walked into my house and said, "so I decided to be a blogger and I took a bunch of pictures." Gosh I love her.

Since school was cancelled, Megan got to stay the night (third sleepover ever!). Ben will turn 14 in November, and 14 is the age that you are allowed to go to church monthly dances, so we decided now is as good a time as any to teach him how to dance. And let me tell you, Megan has some seriously sweet moves. Megan taught him regular dancing and I taught him swing dancing. Megan snapped a bunch of pictures, which are all blurry because we were moving too fast, but I love them anyways.
Tadd will have a long time until he's 14, but of course you can't dance with one brother and leave the other one out!
And this, because what does a blogger do when she has snow all over her car? Write her blog name on the hood of course!

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment