Friday, July 11, 2014

3 Plays 3 Days

^^^Ed! The most brilliantly British Shakespeare professor the world has ever seen. The entire class is enamored with him. Me included.^^^
Wednesday was Matilda on the West End, Thursday was Julius Caesar at the Globe, and today was Twelfth Night in Oxford. It's been a good couple of days.

Although I wasn't a huge fan of the Matilda storyline, the music and dancing was phenomenal. Props to Mrs. Trunchbull, who was played by a man and performed marvelously. Also, the set was fantastic and "When I Grow Up" was my favorite song.

The Globe Theater. Oh my goodness amazing. The place, the actors, the performance, all of it, aside from the fact that London decided to be drizzly and chilly and we were in the standing audience with no roof. It was totally worth it though because the acting was phenomenal and the actors would walk around the audience and get super close to the end of the stage, so we were feet away from Brutus and Mark Antony and all that jazz. Standing is the way to go at the Globe. Also, Julius Caesar was the first play ever to be performed at the Globe, so how fitting is it that that was the first play I ever saw there? It definitely won't be the last, I can tell ya that.

Twelfth Night was performed in an old firehouse in Oxford, so there were only five rows of people and the stage was the ten feet between the first row and the back wall, which was pretty neat. The whole time I just kept thinking about She's the Man (which is based off of Twelfth Night), which makes me want to grab my dad and Megan and Meredith and quote the whole thing with some popcorn and a Coke.

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment