Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Over Halfway

I'm over halfway done. Over halfway done with assignments, over halfway done with Summerfuel, over halfway done with my time in Oxford. I can't decide how I feel about it. On the one hand, I'm so excited to get back home to my family and then to continue on with my life at BYU a few short weeks later. But on the other hand, I am so heartbroken to leave this country that I love so so so much. My heart aches just thinking about leaving. It's truly beautiful here.

I'm learning a lot here. I mean sure, I'm looking at Shakespeare plays in a whole new way and I'm learning how to do things with Photoshop that I didn't even know I wanted to know how to do, but it's more than that. I'm learning how to be away from home, and it's surprisingly easier than I thought. I mean, I miss my family so much I can't even describe it, but at the same time, I'm ready and I didn't know I would be. I've been worried that I would say I was ready to be a grown up and then I'd move out and realize that I'm still a baby who has no idea what she's doing. And in some regards I am. But it's not as hard to be on my own as I was expecting. Also, I'm getting just the tiniest glimpse of what college will be and I've got to say that I am soooo excited. As I'm sitting in Shakespeare every morning, listening to the deep discussions of Hamlet and teenage angst and betrayal and the Globe, I can't help but think, this is why I chose to be an English major. This is what I love. The discussions are just so interesting and I want to explore each new comment and observation. We literally spent two hours discussing one scene and the time just flew by. We could have talked for two more hours! If college is anything like these classes I'm in now, I cannot wait. I can't say enough how pumped I am for the future.

Sincerely, mad

No comments:

Post a Comment