Monday, February 23, 2015

can i be french now please?

Let me just start by saying that I put a lot of pictures of myself on this blog. I know. I'm sorry too.

I'm going to pretend to be a fashion blogger here (and that taking self timer pics outside doesn't make me extremely self conscious) and lead with this line- You know how you hear about how snobby the French are? Well, I've got to admit, I'm snobby towards the French. I've never wanted to go to Paris; England has always won for me. And while London fantasies and dreams of Oxford still flit through my head on the daily, France has all of a sudden become wonderfully appealing. I mean, stripes and black and peter pan collars and the Eiffel tower for dayyyyyys guys. I've found my style floating from trendy to Southern trendy to minimalist and now, French. I hear French dressing tips and they sound so smart! The latest I've heard is that if your skirt is above the knee, you wear flats, and if it's below the knee, you wear heels. It makes sense! I just find myself really drawn to the simplicity and effortlessness of French style. Black pants, striped shirt, messy hair. Simple. I can just really get behind the idea of a daily uniform. Neutrals, and if there must be color, make it mustard yellow or baby blue. Live in flats. You know the whole idea of a capsule wardrobe? I listed out my favorite clothes and what I wear on the reg, and I can do 37 items no problem. I'm really thinking about going through a closet purge.

In other news completely unrelated to this blog post, we signed the contract for our apartment on Saturday and I'm feeling pretty grown up here. Also, I've discovered I have a hidden love for yoga, which come to think of it, is another thing I've always made fun of. Huh, I guess I'm really a judge a book by it's cover type of person. Whoops. So you know, if I can stick with it, I'm totally going to look into being a yoga instructor. I mean it'll take a while cuz I'm really bad, but a girl can dream, right?

Also, since I discovered the Dove milk chocolate bars in the vending machines, my chocolate addiction has gotten out of control. That is all.

Sincerely, mad

2 comments:

  1. i've always, always, always dreamed of paris and the parisian lifestyle. paris has been my #1 dream destination for as long as i can remember. if i could get away with wearing striped tees for the rest of my life, i totally would. :)

    also, i'm obsessed with how you've spruced up your blog, girl. lookin goood!
    & YAY for finding an apartment woot!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you, me, in striped shirts, taking paris. let's do this. i'm not even kidding. start saving your pennies and we'll totally make this happen. summer 2k16.

      haha thanks girl! i learned to go to google all my questions from the best.;-)

      Delete